Renault became the first Argentine automotive terminal to market an electric vehicle in the country with the market launch of the New Renault Kangoo ZE. Here are 10 things you need to know about this model.
2. The first four customers to purchase the model were Edenor, the largest electricity distributor in Argentina; Sergio Chiconi SRL, a San Juan firm that performs electrical installations and maintenance for mining, industry and commerce; ENERSA, which distributes and markets electricity in the province of Entre Ríos; Y Teleworld Argentina, a company that provides technical service and installation of telephony, Internet and cable in the province of Córdoba.
3. Offers a autonomy of 270 kilometers NEDC (New European Driving Cycle, European standard for measuring consumption and autonomy), 200 km under normal conditions of use.
4. Full recharge takes six hours and the recovery of 35 km in an hour, the time of a lunch break, thus optimizing the working day.
5. Kangoo ZE is Europe's leading electric commercial vehicle For six years, with more than 25.000 vehicles sold since it was launched in October 2011. The New Renault Kangoo ZE has been manufactured in France and has been sold in Europe since September 2017.
6. The New Renault Kangoo ZE offers two versions differentiated by their length (4,28 m and 4,66 m), two seats and the same level of equipment. It has a cargo volume of 3,5 to 4,6 m3 and a payload of 650 kg.
7. It is equipped with a new energy-efficient motor and optimized electronic battery management. This reduces the electrical consumption of the vehicle when driving, conserving its power. Its about R60 engine of 44 kW and 60 hp. It is 100% Renault and derived from the ZOE R90 engine.
8. The battery and the electric motor-drive unit are guaranteed for five years or 100.000 km. The vehicle, like all the brand's utility vehicles, has a two-year or 100.000 km warranty.
9. The charging device of the New Renault Kangoo ZE is a wallbox (domestic wall charger) marketed by several specialized firms in the field. At the time of purchase, Renault will provide each customer with a list of suggested charger brands that meet the technical specifications required globally by Renault. Its cost varies between $ 1.500 and $ 3.000.
10. It comes in two versions: New Renault Kangoo ZE and New Renault Kangoo ZE Maxi whose prices are $ 707.600 and $ 717.400, respectively.