In the preview of the Canadian Formula 1 Grand Prix, to be held this weekend, the Spanish Fernando Alonso spoke at length about his future at McLaren. Next, the most salient phrases ...
- “To stay here we have to win. If we win before September, which is when I will make the decision, then I will remain at McLaren. I don't know what I would do, I'll think about it in September ”.
- “Zak Brown has already talked about the problem with Honda, he wants to win and for McLaren to be in the fight for the title. If we are not in that situation in three years, things have to change, the same for me as for the team ”.
- “If things don't change, you have to change the project. But until I sit down with myself after the summer, I can't say I'm XNUMX percent sure. I am very open in this decision that I will make after the summer "
- “The best car I can drive right now is an F.1, but trying a new category (NdR: From his experience in the Indianapolis 500), arriving and being competitive makes me feel like I don't have to worry about the future. . If I cannot win that third title, I know that I will be able to go to other categories and have options to win ”.
- “If the calendar had 25 races, I would abandon the World Championship. I started when the tournament had 16 races, now we keep increasing the number every year and we are in an amount that is already demanding enough between training sessions, sponsor events, races… Enough is enough. At this point in my career I consider that having quality of life is more important than doing more seasons in F.1. If the calendar stays at 20 or 21, I would have no problem following. "
[sam_pro id = "0_2" codes = "true"]