Citroën announced its sports program for 2016. It will only compete in the World Tourism Championship with the Argentine José María López and the French Yvan Muller (the Frenchman Sébastien Loeb will race in the World Rallycoss with Peugeot); while in the World Rally Championship he will make a parenthesis until 2017, when he will return taking advantage of the new technical regulations that will come into force. In this context, the double Chevron brand recalled its interesting track record ...
- 5 World Titles (1993-1997).
- 36 victories (or 86% of the races).
- 4 victories in the Dakar (1991, 1994, 1995 and 1996).
- 8 Trademark titles (2003 to 2005 and 2008-2012).
- 9 Drivers' titles with Sébastien Loeb (2004 to 2012).
- 94 victories (record).
- 38 consecutive podiums (record).
- 78 wins with Loeb (record).
WORLD TOURISM (*)
- 2 Titles (2014-2015).
- 36 wins (80% of races).
- 21 pole positions (91% of meetings).
(*) There is still a date to finish this tournament.