Fernando Alonso wants revenge

The Spaniard tested an IndyCar car in preparation for his return to the Indianapolis 500, a competition he ran in 2017 and ended in abandonment.

¡Automundo also in GOOGLE NEWS!

The Spanish Fernando Alonso conducted this Wednesday a test on a car of IndyCar property of Andretti Autosport in the circuit Barber Motorsports Park from Alabama (United States). It was a first test thinking about his possible return to Indianapolis 500, proof that he already played in 2017.

After announcing last month his farewell to the F1 For next season, Alonso is in the middle of designing his new challenges such as achieving the Triple Crown, an honorary title that only English Graham Hill achieved by being the only one to win the Monaco Grand Prix, The 24 Hours of Le Mans and the Indy 500. To equal this record, Alonso only has to win in Indianapolis, since in Monte Carlo he won in 2006 and 2007 and in Le Mans he scored the victory this year.

Fernando Alonso wants revengeNano returned to rolling with an IndyCar car for the first time since he made his debut in the Indiana 500 in May last year, breaking his Honda engine with 21 laps remaining. The test in Barber marked the starting point for the decision of the Asturian, who in 2019 would continue in the World Resistance with Toyota.

"It was a good day. I love testing new cars and testing an IndyCar on a track is something special. I was lucky to test it in wet, intermediate and dry conditions, so I had a good feeling with all the scenarios "said the Iberian.

“I had some option to do tests after the 500 Miles, but I did not succeed and this year I have been able. I love being behind the wheel and definitely a new car. It was a good experience", he said.

In addition, Alonso compared the circuit to the oval and his preferences. “It is at 50%. I love the way the car feels on a mixed track, but I love the way you race in ovals for the traffic and all the overtaking maneuvers. It's a little easier on the ovals, but for action, I loved the Indy 500 ”, He explained.

 

Related content
ads

Automundo

Automundo is the blog about news from the automotive industry, motorsport and the culture of the region. Director: Diego Durruty.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Back to top button
EnglishSpanish
This website uses its own and third-party cookies for its proper functioning and for analytical purposes and to show you advertising related to your preferences based on a profile prepared from your browsing habits. By clicking the Accept button, you agree to the use of these technologies and the processing of your data for these purposes. More information
Privacy

Adblock Detected

Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker