Kevin Benavides: "I'm going back for more"

The Spaniard promised to take revenge for the abandonment he suffered in the tenth stage when he aspired to fight for the victory of the Dakar.

¡autoworld also in GOOGLE NEWS!

The salteño Kevin Benavidez left this Wednesday, during the step 10 of the rally Dakar Rally, when he marched in fifth place overall and sought to get closer to the fight for the lead. "I leave with a bitter taste, but with much more hunger to come back for more", he assured autoworld the last winner of the race in the motorcycle category.

 

 

When the clock struck 8:18 , in the middle of the Saudi Arabian desert, the driver of the KTM with the number 1, said enough. “I had come out very focused, to push, and at kilometer 130 something broke in the engine; He did not give me any indication or alert, suddenly he stopped and there was nothing else to do, just cry, get a little angry and nothing more”Benavides unloaded upon reaching the Bisha camp.

In the chat with Automundo, Chain 3, Infobae y Clarion, the only Argentine media in the Sudanese kingdom, the pilot of KTM He was frustrated by the outcome of this competition, which from the first day was very hard for him, but with the passing of the days and based on great performances, he had been straightening up.

“The truth is that I have fought against all adversities. It was a tough start to Dakar with a stage where I lost a lot of time, but from there I always had a positive attitude, pushing forward ”Kevin stated. And then added:  "There's no choice but to keep that positive attitude, although that's easier said than done. I had many illusions of being able to fight for the victory until the end and but of achieving a podium that was also going to be very important after a year of many changes ”.

Regarding the moment in which the engine suffered the breakdown and his reaction, the Argentine said that there was not much to do, therefore neither did any competitor ask for help: “I did not make anyone stop because there was nothing to do. The engine had no solution. My brother and Diego Llanos placeholder image they stopped to ask, but I told them to continue. "

"The way the engine broke reminded me of abandoning 2020. The only difference was that at that time half the race was missing and now only a few stages", recalled the Salta and assured that he will return for revenge: "I leave with a bitter taste but with much more hunger to come back for more"

Finally, Benavides took a moment to analyze the race and was critical of the organization: “The first week of the race was too fast and dangerous a race, where there was no technique or anything. It was not until the second week that the race took another turn and was more technical and more moving. The first week I didn't like it at all ", Sentenció.

Related content
ads

Diego durruty

Journalist with 32 years of experience. Worked in magazines STROKE, The graphic, teammate y Only TC, on the Internet sites SportsYa!, e-driver.com y kmcero.com and on the radios Rock pop y vorterix.com. He covered the Dakar rally for the German agency dpa. He is currently the director of the portals Automundo.com.ar y NationRPM.com, host the podcast motorbit and the magazine Two Daring Guys (Campeones Radio, Radio Arroba and Spotify). In addition, he is a columnist in WorldSport (AM 570) and teacher in SPORTS.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Back to top button
EnglishSpanish
This website uses its own and third-party cookies for its proper functioning and for analytical purposes and to show you advertising related to your preferences based on a profile prepared from your browsing habits. By clicking the Accept button, you agree to the use of these technologies and the processing of your data for these purposes. More information
Privacy policy

Adblock Detected

Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker