Finnish Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) set the best time on the last day of the pre-season tests of the F1 in Barcelona. The Nordic marked a fast lap of 1m17s221 after his Ferrari partner, the German Sebastian Vettel, will achieve the best time on Thursday.
In the Italian team, however, they warn that it is too early to draw conclusions and continue to point to Mercedes as the team to beat now Red Bull as a rival of danger.
The Spanish Fernando Alonso (McLarem) set the second best time with 1m17s784. His compatriot also stood out Carlos Sainz (Renault), who finished third with 1m18s092.
Despite the good time achieved, it was not an easy day for Alonso. The two-time world champion had to return to the pits due to an oil leak and had to wait four hours to get back on track due to a turbo problem. In eight days of testing, McLaren has already suffered six different problems.
The British Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes), as usual, split the day with his Finnish partner Valtteri Bottas. The world champion achieved the eleventh time with 1m19s464 minutes, although without using the fastest compounds.
Today was the last day of testing before the start of the season, scheduled for March 25 in Melbourne (Australia).
1. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN / Ferrari), 1: 17.221
2. Fernando Alonso (ESP / McLaren), 1: 17.784
3. Carlos Sainz (ESP / Renault), 1: 18.092
4. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS / Mercedes), 1: 18.327
5. Romain Grosjean (FRA / Toro Rosso), 1: 18.412
6. Valtteri Bottas (FIN / Mercedes), 1: 18.825
7. Brendon Hartley (NZL / Williams), 1: 18.949
8. Esteban Ocon (FRA / Force India), 1: 18.967
9. Charles Leclerc (MON / Renault), 1: 19.118
10. Sergey Sirotkin (RUS / Sauber), 1: 19.189
11. Lewis Hamilton (GBR / Mercedes), 1: 19.464
12. Lance Stroll (CAN / Williams), 1: 19.954