The 2016 edition of the Dakar will be held from January 2 to 16 on the roads of Argentina and Bolivia. The tour originally included Peru, which decided to get off in August and forced the organizers to take a new tour in just three weeks.
1. INITIAL PROLOGUE Before starting to retrace the 9.000 kilometers of route (half against the clock), there will be a 11 km prologue between Buenos Aires and Rosario from which the first general classification will come out.
2. SIN NOTHING HELP La fourth stage (Jujuy-Jujuy) is the first big stumbling block. In addition to being held at more than 3.500 meters above sea level, it will be a marathon so the competitors will not be able to receive assistance from their teams.
3. LARGO AND ALTO The longest special of the Dakar with 542 kilometers and surrounding the Uyuni Salt Flats It is presented on the sixth day of the race. And it is not the only difficulty of this exercise since the competitors will reach 4.200 meters in height.
4. GOOD SHOW Following an unprecedented order in the step 11 (La Rioja-San Juan), ten motorcycles, ten cars and five trucks, selected based on the results of the previous day, will leave mixed and paving the way. Without a doubt, quite a show ...
5. NOT TO BE CAREFUL Although the goal is closer, the penultimate stage between San Juan and Villa Carlos Paz with its 931 kilometers on mountainous roads will be a tough obstacle after several days of competition.
03/01: Rosario-Villa Carlos Paz
04/01: Villa Carlos Paz-Termas de Río Hondo
05/01: Termas de Río Hondo-Jujuy
10/01: Rest day in Salta
13/01: Bethlehem-La Rioja
14/01: La Rioja-San Juan
15/01: San Juan-Villa Carlos Paz
16/01: Villa Carlos Paz-Rosario