McLaren presented a second member of its range Ultimate Series and to show that it is a special sports car he baptized it as "Senna”. Undoubtedly, it is a deserved tribute to the Brazilian Ayrton Senna, died in 1994 and who achieved his three titles in the Formula 1 aboard cars of the Woking team. Here are ten things you need to know about the McLaren Senna.
1. The central component of the Senna is an upgraded version of the carbon fiber chassis of the 720S, now called Monocage III and that is considered the most resistant chassis that has been used so far in a car of the brand.
2. The rear-wheel drive sports car features a 8-hp 4.0-liter biturbo V789 installed in central position. It accelerates from 0 to 100 km / h in less than three seconds and its maximum speed is greater than 320 km / h.
3. Use a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, a double wishbone suspension system with interconnected shocks to all four wheels and constant road monitoring to keep you firmly on the ground.
4. Thanks to the use of carbon fiber in all the body panels, a dry weight of 1.198 kg, something that allows it to be the lightest homologated McLaren since the appearance of the mythical McLaren F1.
6. It is provided with two ultralight armchairs and auxiliary controls grouped in a roof console between the occupants. The simplified interior, devoid of excessive weight, is designed to adapt to the driver.
8. The McLaren Senna, which is priced at one million dollars, will make its public debut at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. The first limited edition cars from 500 units they will reach their owners at the end of 2018. All production is already sold.
10. McLaren Special Operations (MSO) confirmed that it will produce a limited edition five-unit McLaren Senna with several differentiating elements. Its cost will be three million dollars.