Recognized throughout its more than 20 years for its versatility, quality, reliability, and robustness, the New Fiat Strada evolves and innovates mainly in design, technology, habitability and security. Here are ten relevant facts about this compact pick-up.
1. The New Fiat Strada reaches the Argentine market in three versions: Endurance, Freedom y V. The first two with a motorization 1.4 Fire (85 hp at 5.750 rpm and a torque of 12.4 kgfm at 3,500 rpm); while the rest has a motor 1.3 Firefly (99 hp at 6.000 rpm and a torque of 13.0 kgfm at 3.500 rpm). All are gasoline and have a five-speed manual transmission. In addition, they are offered with double cabin with seats for five occupants and the Endurance version also has the alternative cabin plus.
2. The complete renovation of the New Strada 2021 has as its starting point the MPP platform, dedicated exclusively to the development of the new vehicle. With 10% more torsional stiffness, the model's already recognized structural strength and durability was increased. With the MPP platform it was also possible accommodate a new front and rear suspension. In addition, new springs, dampers and geometry were developed, as well as a new crossbar and stabilizer bar at the front, and a new rear axle.
3. The look of the New Strada is in line with the design of the brand's latest releases. Although it refers and is inspired by the multi-award winning Fiat toro, the new generation of the Strada has its own identity. It was developed in the FCA Latam Design Center, in Betim, Brazil. And it is precisely in this productive pole where it is produced.
4. His strong presence is marked by a high forehead, with an emphasis on conical LED headlights with DRL (Daytime Running Light) lights. The optical matrix produces 1.700 lumens, approximately 20% more light than its main competitor. At the front, the imposing grill houses the brand's logo in the center of the piece, and brings the discreet and elegant Fiat flag, which makes up the new visual identity that all the manufacturer's vehicles will have from now on. The raised hood suggests strength and robustness, characteristic of the model.
5. El ground clearance of the New Strada is superior to the previous generation of the model (up to 214 mm). Entry angles (up to 24º) and exit angles (up to 28º) are among the best in the category. The load capacity also goes further and ranges from 650 kgs in the five-occupant version to 720 kgs in the entry configuration.
6. The tailgate is now much more robust and supports up to 400 kg of weight. In addition, it is cushioned, which facilitates opening and closing with only applying the least effort. All versions come with the box covered in a material prepared for high impacts, with a modular design that allows it to be partitioned and rails to slide the load. It also includes up to 10 hooks so you can carry all kinds of cargo in an organized and safe way.
7. The new Strada features Stability control, start-up assistant sloping and advanced traction control with E-Locker (TC +) to remedy minor situations on slippery terrain (activating it transfers more torque to the wheel with greater grip). This function is automatically deactivated after 65 km / h.
8. It has a new Uconnect multimedia hub With a seven-inch touchscreen, it offers features such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with wireless connection, and allows you to connect up to two smartphones. The touch screen is customizable and allows you to view all the vehicle's functions and other useful information. It supports multiple connections via Bluetooth, has a computer on board and also a second USB port available for passengers.
9. Internally, the cabin increased the number of storage compartments by 30%, which now add up to 15 liters of useful space for the most varied uses. Another factor of great comfort on board is the air conditioning system, specially designed in this new generation, to provide a uniform cooling system for all occupants.
10. The New Strada has a reinforced structure, which was systematically tested in the Security Center from FCA Latam. The four airbags installed as standard in the double cab versions are added. The seatbelts The front seats have pretensioners and load limiters, and the seats are designed to protect occupants from the whiplash effect in the event of accidents. For the best child protection, the New Strada has with Isofix system complemented with Top Tether, an upper anchor that prevents the seat from rotating. What's more, its entire frontal area received special protection for pedestrians. In this way, in the event of an impact, the individual will be protected in the lower and upper parts of the legs, as well as in the head, if it cushions against the hood.
VERSIONS AND PRICES
- Fiat Strada Endurance Cabina Plus 1.4 Fire: $ 1.028.300
- Fiat Strada Endurance Double Cabin 1.4 Fire: $ 1.122.900
- Fiat Strada Freedom Double Cabin 1.4 Fire: $ 1.244.700
- Fiat Strada Volcano Double Cab 1.3 GSE: $ 1.391.800