Estonian Ott Tanak (Toyota Yaris WRC) goes straight to its first win in the Rally Argentina, fifth date of the World Cup of the specialty organized by the Automobile Club Argentino. All thanks to the impressive pace he set in the grueling second stage of the event.
As on Friday, Tanak was the fastest rider on the Cordovan roads. Today he won five of the seven stages and thus ended the day with an advantage of 46.5 seconds over the Belgian Thierry Neuville (Hyundai i20 WRC). Third, meanwhile, was the Spanish Dani sordo (Hyundai i20 WRC) more than a minute behind the leader.
You may also like: David Nalbandian won the ACA Cup
The Estonian stood out in the first loop, beyond the lack of visibility due to the fog, as in the second he had problems with the right front shock absorber and with the power steering. All product of the hardness of the terrain.
“The car is running the way I want it to and that gives me a lot of confidence. We have improved and now we are closer to where we wanted to be. We will definitely keep pushing and I hope we can maintain the level for the remainder of the season ”, the baggy leader explained.
The rent in favor of Tanak seems decisive as there are only three special tests left on Sunday, something that will allow the Toyota man to take the last day of competition with caution without losing sight of what Neuville can do.
En WRC2, meanwhile, the Finn prevails Kalle rovanpera (Skoda Fabia R5); while the Neuquén Alejandro Cancio (Skoda Fabia R5) ranks fifth.
1. Ott Tanak-Martin Järveoja (EST / Toyota Yaris) 2h58: 33.9
2. Thierry Neuville-Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL / Hyundai i20) at 46.5
3. Dani Sordo-Carlos del Barrio (ESP / Hyundai i20) 1: 08.2
4. Sébastien Ogier-Julien Ingrassia (FRA / Ford Fiesta) 1:59
5. Andreas Mikkelsen-Anders Jaeger (NOR / Hyundai i20) 2: 13.8
6. Esapekka Lappi-Janne Ferm (FIN / Toyota Yaris) 2: 42.9
7. Elfyn Evans-Phil Mills (GBR / Ford Fiesta) 2: 49.1
8. Kris Meeke-Paul Nagle (GBR-IRL / Citroën C3) 3: 20.4