Toyota Argentina expands its portfolio with the arrival of Toyota corolla cross, a midsize SUV that stands out for its exterior design, interior space, ride comfort and safety. Here are ten things you need to know about this model.
1. The Corolla Cross measures 4.460mm long, 1.620mm high and 1.825mm wide. The wheelbase, meanwhile, is 2.640 mm.
2. The new Corolla Cross features two motorization options. On one hand, the 2.0L Dynamic Force Dual VVT-i with mixed injection (direct and indirect) and a power of 170 CV which is mated to the pre-programmed 10-speed Direct Shift CVT transmission. On the other, the Toyota's self-recharging hybrid system. It is made up of two engines. One naphtero of 1.8 liters, 4 cylinders in line with 16 DOHC valves, timing chain and VVT-i system with multi-point electronic injection and an electric motor that works together giving a total maximum power of 122 CV. Transmission is eCVT and the is self-rechargeable battery.
3. To serve the needs of different types of customers, the Corolla Cross will be available in five variants. The Corolla Cross with 2.0L Dynamic Force engine will be available in versions XLI, XEI y NIV; while the self-recharging hybrid system will be available for the versions XEI y NIV.
4. Corolla Cross XLI and XEI versions have 17 ”alloy wheels with silver finishes and 215/60 R17 tires. While the SEG versions equip 18 ”wheels finished in dark gray and diamond, with 225/50 R18 tires.
5. In addition to these versions and to celebrate the arrival of the Corolla Cross there will be a special edition of 150 units that will come equipped as standard with additional accessories, such as the wireless cell phone charger, among others.
6. The Corolla Cross was designed to convey the robustness and elegance of a true urban SUV. The designers focused on creating an attractive model that does not go unnoticed wherever it travels and, at the same time, conveys the feeling of a superior category vehicle for all its occupants.
7. For rear seats a comfortable space was created, mainly in terms of head clearance. The large glazed space creates an open and spacious feeling, offering comfort to the occupants also on long trips. In addition, its doors have a large opening angle, facilitating the entry and exit of the vehicle. The volume of the luggage rack 440 liters.
8. Thanks to a higher driving position (120mm taller than the Corolla Sedan) and door panel-mounted rear-view mirrors, occupants have a wide field of vision worthy of an SUV. The global GA-C platform, based on the TNGA philosophy, guarantees comfort and safety, while hybrid system offers soundproofing on board and economy in fuel consumption.
10. The color range of the new Corolla Cross is comprised of a palette of seven tones: Super White, Pearl White, Silver Gray, Dark Gray, Black, Red and Metallic Blue. Prices will be officially announced on April 1, 2021.