The German Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) was the fastest this Tuesday on the second day of the pre-season test of the F1 at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, with a best time of 1: 19.673 with which he beat the Finn Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes).
The intense cold that approached 0 degrees Celsius in Montmeló did affect the team's plan again. Despite this, Vettel and Bottas fell from 1:20 and the Ferrari German was able to overtake the Finn's silver bullet, both on intermediate tires.
Pirelli was again affected, as the low temperatures are not at all ideal to take good references in order to improve the compounds. The teams, unlike monday, they tested many tires, but the cold prevented the track from taking the necessary grip as it could not warm up optimally.
After Vettel and Bottas the Belgian was located Stoffel vandoorne, which only made 37 laps of the Catalan track. The McLaren did not start in the afternoon, but still retained the third fastest time ahead of the Dutchman. Max Verstappen (Red Bull) and Spanish Carlos Sainz (Renault).
At the end of the day there were again tests of starts from the finish line, as well as tests of pit stops. One of those who did it was the Polish Robert Kubica, who on his return to Formula 1 as Williams' third driver surpassed the official driver Sergey Sirotkin in time and did a total of 48 laps in the afternoon.
1. Sebastian Vettel (ALE / Ferrari), 1: 19.673
2. Valtteri Bottas (FIN / Mercedes), 1: 19.976
3. Stoffel Vandoorne (BEL / McLaren), 1: 20.325
4. Max Verstappen (HOL / Red Bull), 1: 20.326
5. Carlos Sainz (ESP / Renault), 1: 21.212
6. Pierre Gasly (FRA / Toro Rosso), 1: 21.318
7. Robert Kubica (POL / Williams), 1: 21.495
8. Sergey Sirotkin (RUS / Williams), 1: 21.822
9. Esteban Ocon (FRA / Force India), 1: 21.841
10. Charles Leclerc (MON / Sauber), 1: 22.721