Volkswagen Argentina launched the VW Taos. It is not just another model for the local subsidiary of the German brand since it is the first SUV manufactured in the country. Here are ten things you need to know.
1) The arrival of Taos demanded an investment in the country of 650 million, aimed at modernizing the technology and infrastructure of the Pacheco Industrial Center and the implementation of the new global MQB platform, something that in the future would allow the possibility of manufacturing more locally made models.
2) It comes in three trim levels: Comfortline, Highline y Hero. All with the prestigious 250 TSI turbo engine with 150 hp at 5.000 rpm , automatic box Six-speed tiptronic, front-wheel drive and 18 inch alloy wheels. Acceleration of 0 to 100 km / h occurs in 9,3 seconds and the maximum speed is 194 km/h, numbers that are possible thanks to the moderate weight of the vehicle: 1.420 kg.
3) With 4.461 mm long, 1.626mm high y 1.841mm wide, the new Volkswagen SUV provides all the conditions for the five occupants to travel in comfort, regardless of their height.
4) Wear the Volkswagen's new visual identity, which debuted in the ID family of electric vehicles. in Europe. It is highlighted by the full LED headlights with technology IQ Light (available in Highline and Hero versions), followed by an LED grid that runs across the entire front to blend into the brand's renewed logo.
5) The trunk offers almost 500 liters. Capacity is increased by folding down the rear seats. This allows the transport of large objects, such as bicycles or surfboards.
6) El panoramic sunroof, available in Highline and Hero versions, magnifies the interior space in combination with the light that enters through it.
7) The interior features soft-touch materials and eco-leather covering the doors and front panel. In addition, the technology Ambient Light (Highline and Hero), which allows you to choose the color of the interior lighting from ten options, provides a harmonious and elegant atmosphere.
8) The VW Taos comes with two large digital islands as standard. The Comfortline version incorporates the 8 inch high resolution Digital cockpit, while the Highline and Hero versions have Activate 10 ”Info Display. In addition, all trim levels feature the outstanding 10 ”VW Play entertainment system, which was developed entirely in Latin America and is exported to more than 70 countries around the world. From this screen you can select four driving modes ECO, Normal, Sport and Individual (Highline and Hero only)
9) Taos has as standard four-wheel independent suspension, being McPherson type in the front and MultiLink in the rear. This configuration was specially adapted for the roads of the region, and provides the vehicle with a great dynamic capacity, with a performance that is pleasant for all passengers without sacrificing robustness or safety.
10 ) In terms of fullfilment of security requirements, and for the Highline and Hero versions, it offers Autonomous Emergency Brake with pedestrian detection. Another high-tech feature present in the brand's new SUV is Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop & Go function. It has six airbags (two front, two side and two curtain type), fatigue alert, Post Collision Brake, blind spot vehicle detection, rear cross traffic alert with emergency braking for maneuvers, traction controls (ESC) and stability (ASR), hill start assist, tire pressure monitoring, front parking sensors and rear view camera, electric parking brake, ISOFIX anchors and brake pad wear monitoring complete the Taos resource list.
VERSIONS AND PRICES OF THE VW TAOS
- VW Taos Comfortline: $ 3.955.000
- VW Taos Highline: $ 4.778.000
- VW Taos Hero: $ 4.950.000