VW Argentina confirmed the arrival of Virtus, a sedan that will position itself between the between the Travels and Wind. For the Argentine market, it will be marketed in three trim levels and with a single engine. Following, ten things you have to know about this new model ...
1. This first sedan built on the Modular Strategy of MQB in the region, it reaches the Argentine market in March 2018 with new references in design, space and comfort typical of premium segment sedans.
2. Measure 4.480 mm long, 1.468mm high (4 mm more than the Pole) and 1.751mm wide. The wheelbase, meanwhile, is 2.650 mm (same as the Vento). The trunk has a capacity of 521 litros.
3. With MQB's modular strategy, Volkswagen was able to reduce the overall weight of the vehicle at the same time that it built the Virtus to be one of the safest models in its segment. Most of the body structure is made of special steels, with high and ultra high strength and hot stamping.
4. In Argentina, the new Virtus will be marketed with an MSI 1.6-liter 16-valve engine and 110 hp (155 Nm) in Trendline, Comfortline and Highline levels (in all cases with the option of manual and automatic transmission).
5. It is the first car in Argentina to offer unprecedented connectivity and digitization resources. The sedan will offer an assistant based on Artificial Intelligence with all the contents of its manuals (on-board literature), capable of answering any questions about its use.
6. It is equipped with Active Info Display, the fully digital instrument panel in which the information is implemented via software. Navigation information can be viewed in 2D or 3D on a 10.25-inch screen. Information about driving, navigation and assistance functions can be integrated into graphic areas of the speedometer, as required.
7. All its versions are equipped with four airbags, two front and two side. Large in size, the side bags protect the head and thorax and restrict body movement during an impact, significantly increasing the safety of the occupants. The Isofix and top-tether systems, which are fitted in all versions, guarantee more safety and ease for fixing child seats.
8. There are seven color options: Universal Black, Crystal White, Tornado Red, Platinum Gray, Night Blue, Sirius Silver and Tungsten Silver.
9. The launch prices They are as follows: Volkswagen Virtus Trendline MT5, $ 351.469; Volkswagen Virtus Trendline AT6, $ 371.889; Volkswagen Virtus Comfortline MT5, $ 405.808; Volkswagen Virtus Comfortline AT6, $ 429.940; Volkswagen Virtus Highline MT5, $ 475.720; and Volkswagen Virtus Highline AT6, $ 497.096.
10. La warranty it is three years or 100 thousand km.